A pinch and a punch it's the 1st of the month!

Well goodness me it has been a month, 28 days, since I re-entered the papercraft world.  What an adventure it is proving to be, firstly I must thank Christi for welcoming me back with such enthusiasm.  Sweetheart all your comments here and in other places have been accepted with open arms.

Here we are up to our ankles in snow and there is a cold icy cold wind blowing in from the east.   Living near the Mother Sea on the Humber estuary we do not get the snow as badly as they do more inland some of those reports of chaos are real.   We are tucked up indoors Mark (Son) is threatening the kitchen today and not as a chef!  Finally some of the dreadful pink is meeting it's fate wit layers of white paint.   All that and top restaurant quality food every evening I am being very spoilt and loving every moment of it.





















And I've been back in the Craft Room.   Just after Christmas when these things are marked down I treated myself to a box of chocolates, as you do, they came in a lovely box.   Box saved until now.  Th bit of ribbon was carefully removed as was the acetate in the lid, that sales label was not going to rub of nicely so it had to go.

The box was then covered with decoupage paper, just one layer so the patten on the box also shows through.  The rough edges were covered with tissue tape.   The next step was to decorate the new piece of acetate.   A stencil and green sparkly embossing paste did the job, it took a little while longer than usual to dry but the wait was so worth it.   The same paste and a different stencil decorated the corners of the box.  Gilding paste rubbed over the box to give is some ageing and disguise a couple of rough edges.   It then sat for a couple of days while it decided what it needed, if anything, next.

The light colours and predominance of green were starting to give this a light and spring feel.  Rummaging through my box of old scrap jewellery some yellow plastic beads waved to me.  Breaking the necklace thread and adding these with silicon glue was a simple task.   Finally all that remained was some sort of floral decoration.  I settled on a Sizzix set and nearly drove myself sane trying to get a decent cut.  Tried two different machines, running through with and without wax paper, running through once and running through several times.  End result one run with wax paper job completed with cutting knife.   Now it is a lovely gift box for future use.



This box is for sharing with

Altered Eclectics - Monthly mixed media/Altered repurposed challenge Anything goes with a Spring feel.  

Sunny Day Crafting - This is a weekly challenge where the DT show a whole range of styles and tastes, makes me feel right at home.   The prompt this week is "I is for insects".

City Crafter - Another weekly challenge, they have some great ideas for their challenges, this one is die cuts.

International Art and Soul - My second entry to this challenge using stuff I already own.

A Bit More Time to Craft - A monthly anything goes challenge.

The Crafters Cafe - Recycle something, well I had to enter this didn't I!

Time to go and see if any white paint has made it out of the pot and onto the wall yet.

Comments

  1. Great recycling and of course you had to buy the knock down priced chocolates to get the box! x The glittery green looks faublous. Chuckled about you persevering to cut the die....I would do exactly the same...I of course could have changed to a different die but no...Great use too of the pretty bead necklace. Fun and beautiful project and enjoy beign spoilt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at INTAAS with your brilliant ideas and this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box! Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always - I adore everything you create :) and I adore you, my friend XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic altering of that box! A beautiful project, thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project, thanks for joining as at The Crafter's Cafe for our Recycle challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx