A very quiet Sunday

Well the snow is gone, at least from here and now the windows need cleaning.   I ask you snow and then rain how did the windows get do mucky?  Answers on a post card please.

My baby boy (he is 44) has started to paint the kitchen oh what a relief all that ghastly pink is being hidden behind some lovely white.   Mind you the kitchen is in chaos and the cats a bit confused about the location of their food.   As said baby boy is also chief chef and bottle washer for the duration of his visit our evening meal might be a bit on the light side today.   I think we will survive.

Has given me plenty of time to play both with my jump rings,


And inks, stamps, paints and things.   The main project is still a work in progress but I have done a couple of post cards.   The 6" x 4" format of post cards is one of my favourites they are a great size for framing.

This first one was a practice with my brayer and one of my old Big and Juicy pads.  It is an Autumn scene so untimely for us in the northern hemisphere but I do love these Clarity stamps.   The colouring was done with Whisper Pens.


The other postcard I've come up with is another experiment mixing a masked image with a stencil.   The 1960's Bob Fosse style girl.   The stamp is from Stamps Happen and like all mine has been in my collection for years but I just love her.    The stencil is from Dylusions. 



I've used Promarkers to colour the image, the stencil was dusted over with DI Barn Door Red.

I'm sharing this cool chick with

Allsorts -  A weekly Saturday challenge that started just after I started this blog!  The theme this week is Ladies only

CAS on Friday - Hope I've got the right theme this fortnight! One Layer Wonder.

Country View Challenges - This monthly challenge has a DT and styles that appeal to me.  This time the prompt is Postcards 6" x 4" and inspired me to use this format.

Comments

  1. Mystery to me too how the windows get dirty! The jump rings look fun. Haven't plated with the brayer or the big and juicy stamps for ages...must remedy that. Those clarity stamps and your scene are gorgeous. Such a classy second postcard and that image is fabulous, along with the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super image and stencil, fab design and love your jump rings. Thank you for joining our 'Ladies only' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe!
    Fabulous and chic feminine card, really stylish!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge.
    Happy Women's Day;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and the saying is so true ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. For it being so quiet you certainly accomplished a lot!! Beautiful work, my dear friend xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely one layer CAS card, Zoe. Gorgeous stamp. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zoe..You have been very creative ...I too love chain making. Great postcards and I'm delighted that you were inspired to enter our Postcards challenge over at Country View Challenges view . Thanks so much for joining us xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx