Acetate and Vellum

What a fabulous combination.


Two mediums I enjoy you can imagine my delight with this week's Less is More Theme, Acetate or Vellum.

The Acetate card is an old report cover, I 'rescued' a lot of these when working and bound files were being shredded.   So base card sorted.   The Vellum is years old, back in the days when the shopping channels really did bring us things that were new and different not to mention affordable.   I suspect this was something from that Dawn B introduced us to here in the UK but I might be wrong.   The kit came with A5 vellum sheets in various colours that had colour fade pattens, these were match by coated card in the same colours and designs.    The card being coated looks fantastic but is no use at all for stamping but the vellums continue to be great stash items.    I've used 3 different vellum papers to die cut the butterfly, die cuts attached to Acetate with Glossy Accents on the body.    White paper diecut stuck inside for any message, job done.

Had to wait until today to make this as yesterday was all about making bracelets.    I spent a lot of time opening and closing jump rings to make that charm bracelet mentioned the other day.


All 925 silver the bracelet chain is 2:2 for strength, the toggle clasp is much more secure than it might look the toggle is longer than the loop so is very unlikely to slip out accidentally.   There are some little charms I've been collecting for this bracelet and I am sure there are many more to come.


Also had to thread this bracelet, having seen the pattern in the Jewellery Maker magazine it is something I really wanted to construct.   The blue green stones are Lapis Lazuli, the jump rings and findings are silver plate.

Both bracelets fit nicely and have that wonderful drape and dangle that I love.

Comments

  1. Beautiful jewellery Zoe, and I absolutely love your gorgeous card too! Wow! The combination of acetate outer and vellum butterflies is just stunning. It's a wonderful design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty and so is your jewellery! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, very elegant, and the bracelets are fantastic. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card, Zoe, and stunning jewellery too. I think the lapis lazuli has to be my favourite - such beautiful shapes and colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB makes, LOVING your LIM confection

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific jewelry work again Zoe and a wonderful card.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that clear card...very pretty! The jewelry is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic, elegant and super classy take on the challenge. Superb use of both vellum and acetate in a perfectly CAS design. Beautiful jewelry too and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for combining acetate AND vellum. And how beautiful, it's great. My craft stash started with many kits from Dawn Bibby and I still have bits and pieces from various collections. Your jewellery looks wonderful too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx