This might be a bit girly!


This is my first make with the Tando prize, their arches were the first of their products that I ever used and it has been ages, years since I last used this format.  It was so refreshing to do so again.

The colour scheme is taken from the Tando monthly FB challenge, it is a closed group which puts of spammers but it is a very friendly group all crafters welcome.

I used DI inks Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge, Broken China, Peeled Paint and Picked Raspberry.   All applied with Inkylicious brushes over a Gesso white base.

Colours added a layer of Viva crackle paste scrapped over in varying thickness.    This adds texture and plays a little with the colours making them less flat and more interesting.

To decorate the arch a quick look through my pile of left overs the wisteria stamped on acetate just fits nicely into the frame.   The abandoned butterfly rests comfortably on top.   The butterfly was on white paper which has now been dusted with Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge.

Wonder where there is no path is a motto I craft by.   Once completed I realised that there are a couple of other challenges this qualifies for.
Try it on Tuesday - Use leftovers and scraps
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Anything goes must use snippets.  Got to add the prize this week is gorgeous.

Right off to get Tando added to the Challenges for Days list.


Comments

  1. A lovely project with great textures! I also love the colours and the format. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely make Zoe! Such a pretty shape and the wisteria and butterfly are perfect companions!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit girly? Maybe, FAB? Certainly

    Happy Thursday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psst Zoe - did you see that you were the July Winner over at Less is More? Well done! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an awesome take on the colour inspiration. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous! Have a fun day, Valerie AKA sprightly young mistress - that made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The arch looks terrific Zoe and not too girly at all.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really great! I love the way you used the acetate. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely Zoe, crackle and acetate are two of my favourite things, and the quote is perfect. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this and it's not too girly at all, just totally beautiful! Amazing stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx