For all those who got sun burn yesterday


Yes it was a lovely hot sunny summer's day the end of summer is turning glorious, not for the first year.  Having not made many things recently that are beach or summer holiday related so playing with Brushos and an MDF door hanger came up with this.

Started painting the hanger with white gesso and sprinkled colour crystals on top.   Colour moved around with water brushes.   Colours are great but I did not want this terrific sun image to be in black.   Tissue paper with the word Post Card provided the solution.   The sun is a stamp found on Ebay a which I was pleased to discover is a PXS stamp, I think my friend Carol also has this stamp or one very similar that I admired/coveted for years.   The Seagull stamped at the top of the hanger is also an eBay PSX find.    The paddling couple are freebies from a cover set.

Sharing this with
Crafty Boots - You are my Sunshine
Crafty Cardmakers - On or By the Sea
A Inky Mess - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Anything Mixed Media

Comments

  1. Great hanger Zoe, I love your gorgeous sun stamp - I can well understand your delight to find it to be a PXS stamp, many of my old stamps are PXS and the quality is clear.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Zoe. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hanger and such wonderful effects you achieved

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely watercolour effects. I love how you have made it a hanger. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Fabulous colours and design.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I love the scene you have created and that is a fantastic image of the sun. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great hanger. Thank you for joining our „By or Under The Sea“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for entering our challenge at a inky mess.
    Good luck
    Fiona blog owner x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great door hanger love the colours and silhouette image--Thank you for joining us at A Inky Mess
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx