Day 12 of 16

Yesterday was spent at home watching the rain clean the windows.  It didn't rain all day but by the time it improved I was very comfortable here at home.  Not sure where I'm going today, I do have another clutter bag to drop off and hopefully some wildlife to watch.

Another page for my 'Journal' collection this time using a new to me technique Painters Tape.   I found out about this from here.   Not having the materials used I took regular UK masking tape with distress inks, once the colour was transferred to the card I spritz it with water and left it to dry naturally.


When dry the card was stamped with a mix of Hobby Art & SU stamps using Memento inks the images have all been coloured with ProMarkers.   Along the top a freebie embossing folder was pressed  with a wooden kitchen tool.    Sakura glitter pen marked out the bottom of the embossed design, helping to show it while keeping it in the background.

Sharing this with
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes One Layer Card
Simon Says Mondays - I ought to use this more, the technique itself now I know about it ……!
Allsorts - How does your Garden Grow?

OK the sun has now gone in, still going to find somewhere interesting to visit today.


Comments

  1. Hi Zoe, Wonderful page, love the background with those vibrant poppies
    Have a great day
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful card Zoe especially those fab poppies. Hugs Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe, greetings from Rovaniemi, the port to the Arctic Pole!
    Lovely and beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journal page I love the gorgeous image and off to check out the technique-thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Zoe, love the poppies and the super background.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic technique! I love how the background layers turned out-- they are so subtle, yet so powerful in creating the overall scene. I also really like the bright colors you used to color in the flowers. They are so striking against the background. I thought that the embossing you did was the perfect finishing touch! Great attention to detail and a stunning finished product. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Zoe and thank you so much for the link.

    Enjoy today

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is very pretty Zoe, as you know I am a real Poppy fan and love everything about your journal page.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the backround and bright flowers. Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx