Craft-Room Challenge ATCs


It's that time again!  Thank you for a wonderful array of wooden objects for my challenge at Craft-Room I'll be back over on the challenge site next Tuesday with the winner and my top 3.

This time our challenge has been set by Maria  but life with it's twists and turns has led Maria to Ireland for a little 'me time'.   Like we say in our DT call one or two of us need a breather just now!   Back to the challenge.

The theme is one of the easy/hard ones, we want you to make an ATC or series of them.   Any theme you want any style just make a little 2.5" x 3.5" work of art.   If you are not sure what an ATC is, it is an artists calling card a small card that on the front that is a demonstration of your art and style.   Traditionally these cards are never sold but given or swapped.

We have one of my favourite brands as our sponsor this time Tando Creative one lucky person will get some of their goodies.



Casting around for images I looked out a SU set, kinda London themed although the penny-farthing threw me a bit.  Stamping is my thing so the stamps were inked up and stamped into the middle of little white cards.   Next the word Celebrate added and in green the leaf swirl design.   The phone booth coloured in red with whisper pens and glossy accents used where the windows go.   A real trip dow memory lane this one, I even remember the horrid smell in those old style boxes, mobile phones might be a pain sometimes but who would want to go back to those old red phone booths?

Next the London Eye.  I went on this for the first time last year, it was fantastic.   That day was lovely and sunny so the inner circle I cross hatched in yellow pen and then blended blue ink around the outside.   Finally the penny-farthing, vintage sepia tones for this one all those wonderful DI in oranges yellows and browns.

The team may be a bit thin on the ground at the moment they are still a talented bunch looking forward to seeing what you make at Craft-Room Challenge.

And yes Netty I think you might be right but we love our Whisper Pens right!

Comments

  1. Zoe, I love this SU set, and I love your ATC's :-) Debi xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of themed ATC's Zoe........I have had my whisper pens for years and the only one that has run out is the black one......Fab challenge, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous set of ATCs Zoe and thanks for the trip down memory lane, who indeed wants to revisit those red telephone boxes -ugh.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous set of atc cards Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ATC's its ages since I made ant of these.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant ATCs Zoe, I love the colours and the images are fab.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx