Craft-Room Challenge - Yellow and Blue make Green

Where did the last two week's go?   I've no idea mind you work has had it's moments and I've found Breeze Bike Rides so guided rides and a big confidence boost.   If you are tempted to get out on two wheels but like me perhaps need a little boost check them out I know I'm very glad to have found them.

New challenge at Craft-Room Challenge starting today, Julia is on her holidays somewhere sunny so we have swapped and it's now my turn to host. I've chosen a Colour theme for you Yellow, Blue and Green.   And that's about it but I am being very rigid you can only use those colours, if your support is not one of them then it can be white and if your stamping is not one it can be black but that it is.   Design Seeds are a great source of inspiration and their bottles image recently gave me the inspiration for my theme.

So what did I make?  A mask something I've not done for a while but the form seemed to suit.   Basic mask shape in a butterfly design, sprayed with Glimmer mists in Yellow and blue round the edges, in places these two merged into green some green spray at the top re-enforced the colour.    Printed paper in keeping with the colour scheme die cut and added along with a couple of yellow flowers and some blue self adhesive pearls.   The cheeks have something I call altered glue.  Basically PVA glue squeezed onto a plastic bag and ep sprinkled over (I used gold/yellow in the scheme)   Once the glue has set heating the ep resting on top allows it to melt onto the glue creating interesting embellishments.   Used here on one side the altered glue has been over painted in blue while the other left gold.

Before moving on to the challenge's I'm sharing this with a word about our sponsor.   For this challenge we have a fab prize of a stamp, paper pad and sheet of images from Crafty Individuals.


Now for those other challenge's who might like my project as well
Crafty Calender - June - Things with Wings.
Always Something Creative - Nothing Angular 
Suger Creek Hollow - Mixed Media
Opus Gluei - Give me Wings
The Crazy Challenge - Anything but a card
Kaboodle Doodles - Pastel Colours

Comments

  1. The mask is amazing Zoe and the way you have used the colours is stunning

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe, fab colour challenge, thanks!
    Amazing mask, stunning creation;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your mask zoe, one day i will join in with your challenges, just as soon as i get my muse back :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am loving masks and this one is particulary stunning!
    I'm loving your art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing mask, wonderful colours and details. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again in our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Zoe, your mask is amazing. I love the colours you've chosen for the challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great , thank you for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beutiful mask and lovely colours!! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your gorgeous mask, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great project! thanks for joining us at kaboodles doodles

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your mask, I have a weakness ;) this is a stunner <3 love the blend of the colours and those butterflies :)
    Glad to hear your cycling is getting a confidence boost, I reckon it's pretty cool you biking around :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What delightful and magical mask, I love the colors you've selected for your challenge and how you have incorporated them into this mask. Wow, the techniques are great (love that you explained them) and of course, having the butterflies scattered adds such a whimsical feel. This is terrific and perfect for our Opus Gluei WINGS theme, I love that we have attracted such a great variety of projects. Thanks for playing with us, I hope you are inspired by future themes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Zoe, this is really stunning, you do the most amazing masks. I love how you've used these colours, I must try that technique with the glue.

    I'm glad your enjoying your two wheels, we've had some lovely days for it as well! Thank you for a great challenge, this definitely stretched me, and I really enjoyed getting very inky!

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one extraordinary mask! It is too pretty for words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautifully done! Love it. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx