CofC # 5

Yea got to use the proper distress ep and distress embossing ink pad yea! Von came round today bring 4 or 5 bags of inks, powders, sewing thread, sewing books fabric and all sorts with her. We had a lot of fun Von using my trapeeze stencils for the first time great job hun please do blog it and share. While I got to try the technique on page 43 of 'A Compendium of Curiosities' and join in with Linda's great fun weekly challenge.

Used the same glossy card, paper and base card stock for this as I did for the salt and ep card a couple of days ago, can make a direct comparision. The owl is a tattered angles stamp with peeled paint dep. He came out rather well, the phase was stamped with DI and given a covering of DEP, forgot to dry the blended DI first so got a big green spolge of powder flicked most of it off leaving a slightly obsecured phase. First comparision, the ep and salt did not give me a blister on the end of my index finger! Well Von said you have to rub hard so I did. Certainly the DEP gives more texture as it sits on top of the card and does not sink in at all. Being mat it blends with the other colours (all DI in this case) rather than standing out as regular ep usually does. Suspect I need some more of the magic powder for further testing LOL. The little dragonflies have been picked out with distress stickles to finish this card.

Comments

  1. Whoopee Zoe, you made it and its brilliant, love that Owl.... Not sure how you got a blister though, you must have been rubbing with a whole lot of power in your fingers........
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe this is fab, I love that owl and the dragonflies are great too

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fantastic, I love the Owl as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe, I'm so glad you got your DEP in time to post for this week's challenge. This is AWESOME! You did a gorgeous job on this card, and the Distress Powder looks fab on that owl stamp (one of my favorites, by the way)!

    I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your side-by-side comparison with the salt technique, too, but I hope you didn't really get a blister from rubbing off the DEP! Art should not cause bodily harm!!! ;-)

    It's wonderful, sweetie, and it's always a joy to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow zoe hun this really is simply stunning oh so love owls and this one has come out just perfect,hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoe. Have just been having a catch up with what you've been up too. Your owl is lovely although it sounds like it was all very industrious in the making. I like the way the text is in the background and the dragonflies are lovely.
    Well done on your gorgeous candy. Can't wait to see what you create with it and bad luck with the job, I'm sure there'll be something very soon.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great owl, you have really made him stand out, looks fab. Great job with the Deps, they are good to use aren't they?
    Hope your finger's better soon.
    Take care, have a lovely Sunday.
    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love how cool your owl is and your colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your owl he looks so tactile wish we had feelie vision great background and great colours
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Zoe, love the different elements you've included and your owl is gorgeous. I've never had much luck with Distress EP so interested to see how you've got on. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Love that owl! I've not bought any distress EP yet. I think I need to get C of C and then I'll know what to do with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Zoe really did blister her finger lol was great seeing the comparision with the salt this card is great hun
    cheers for a fab day :)
    von x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zoe, your comparision piece came out really well, glad you didn't get a blister with this one! or did you? not sure which one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous, love the beautiful effects you've created. It was well worth getting a blister for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx